Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cinnamon Raisin Scones

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted!   Here are some pictures from over the summer and a recipe!
 
I took this picture when my cousin had a birthday party at the swimming pool.



My sister and I went to my cousins house for a week.  It made for a lot of late night movie watching and laughing until we couldn't breathe!


Although we did go for a walk now and then!  These are some pictures that I took down at the creek on one of our walks.



I got so many pictures it took awhile to sift through them all!  I was finally able to narrow it down a little.



It was such a beautiful day I didn't want to miss any pictures!  So I took way too many!
 I couldn't decide if I liked the original or the black and white?  Which is your favorite?


 
These scones are amazing!  My Mom had the idea to use a biscuit recipe and add cinnamon and raisins, and top them off with some icing.
 
It went together very well.  I will definitely be making these again!


 
 You should make some of these! Soon!  
 
Now for the recipe.
 
 
Cinnamon Raisin Scones
 
1 1/2 C.  Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 C. White Unbleached Flour
3/4 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Sugar
6 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 C. Raisins
3/4 C. Butter
1 C. Milk
 
Mix together all of the dry ingredients. Add the raisins.  Next, cut in the butter.
Add the milk and stir just until combined.
Form into biscuit shape with hands, or roll out onto floured board and cut with biscuit cutter.
Place onto un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 450*F for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 9-12 biscuits.
 
For the icing:
1/2 stick Butter, melted
1/4-1/2 tsp. Vanilla
 
Add enough powdered sugar to make it a little too stiff to pour. 
Add a splash of milk to thin it out again.
You want it to be pourable, but not too runny!
Pour over the warm scones.
Enjoy! :)
 
 
 
I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving with family and friends!   Let me know if you try the recipe!  You really should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment