Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 23: Strawberry Orange Sorbet

Strawberry Orange Sorbet.  What can I say?  It was awesome!  My younger sister, yes the same one that made these Pink Popsicles, found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to make it.  Well I 'm glad she did, because it was really good!!  Creamy, sweet, and very Strawberry-y (I know that isn't a real word, but how else do I describe this awesome goodness?)
 
The only thing my sister changed was that she didn't cook the strawberries or use an ice cream freezer.  I asked her how she made it, and she didn't even know that the recipe called for it to be cooked!  She just looked at the ingredients and made it!!  It turned out just fine, though.  So if you don't have an ice cream freezer you can still make this.  She also used frozen strawberries which probably took away the need to freeze in an ice cream freezer.  She just blended the recipe in a blender.  If you need a good blender, the Ninja one is what we have and it works better than any I have ever tried.  We really like it.
 
 

 


This recipe is plenty sweet, so in my mind that means you can leave out most, if not all, of the sugar.











Here is our adapted recipe, or maybe I should say accidental adapted recipe:

Strawberry Orange Sorbet

4 C. Frozen Strawberries
1 C. Water
1 C. Orange Juice
1/8 to 1/4 C. Sugar  (or none)
 
Blend all ingredients in a blender.
Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for approximately 2 hours.
Enjoy on a hot summer day!









Do you like making homemade ice cream/sorbet?

No comments:

Post a Comment