Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 17: Pink Popsicles

So one day as I was browsing on Pinterest, this seems to happen too frequently, I came across a recipe for Homemade Orange Creamsicles.  Well, I was able to talk my younger sister into making them ;).  We used half n half in place of the heavy cream because that is what we had, we also didn't have the orange extract.  They turned out really good!  They were very creamy and orange-y.  I don't have pictures of those.   But, that recipe gave my sister the idea to make a Strawberry Popsicle.  I did manage to get some pictures of those.


 
The perfect treat on a hot Summer day!!
 
 
Or a cool Spring day!!

Even the little boys like them!!
 
 
 
Strawberry Blast Pops
3/4 C. Orange Juice
1/2 C. Half and Half (or whole milk)
1 C. Frozen Strawberries
1/4 tsp. Sugar if needed
 
Blend all ingredients, pour into popsicle molds or small cups.
Insert popsicle stick and freeze for 4 hours, or until frozen.
To remove the popsicle from the mold, run the outside of the cup
under hot water for a few seconds.  This will melt the outer layer next to the cup
and the popsicles will slide out.
Enjoy!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment